Tuesday 14 January 2014

Maxwell Tomlinson & Claire Hamblen Exhibition








MAXWELL TOMLINSON
After developing his interest and knowledge of fashion photography and the use of film while at Queen Mary’s College, Maxwell continued to experiment with these techniques throughout his university degree.

Growing up in the countryside of Hampshire, the organic landscape has always been a key inspiration in his aesthetic style and is a theme which is regularly recognisable in his images. Since graduating from university Maxwell has been assisting photographer Tyrone Lebon, regularly working within the fashion industry and also continuing his own projects.
Work in this exhibition encompasses degree work, published fashion stories and personal work.
Maxwell studied BTEC Art & Design and A level Photography at Queen Mary's College and graduated from the London College of Fashion last year with a degree in Fashion Photography.



















CLAIRE HAMBLEN
“My time at university covered all of the core skills of being a graphic designer, from typography to printmaking. It mixed traditional projects in print and bookbinding with more modern technologies such as Flash animation. In my first year of university I took it upon myself to find some work experience in the summer holidays. Amongst my various placements, I did a week at (F)(A)(B), a packaging and branding design studio in London. Whilst there I was given the opportunity to work on real briefs, which led to my work being presented to Sainsbury's and chosen.

 I went back to university knowing that I wanted to work within print rather than digital graphics so I focused most of my remaining projects on this. I collaborated with both fashion and photography students, doing branding and book design to explore different areas of the graphic design industry. By the time I finished my third year I had been asked by (F)(A)(B) for an interview and was lucky enough to walk straight into this job from university.

 I have worked at (F)(A)(B) for a year and a half now, and have grown as a designer significantly in that time. I am a junior designer, and I work on all aspects of a project; sometimes I can be illustrating work, sometimes it's just creating a 'New' stamp, sometimes it can be finding appropriate photography styles and serving suggestions, researching competitors’ products, initial concepts or art direction at photoshoots.”
Claire studied BTEC Art & Design and A level Graphic Design at Queen Mary's College and graduated from the University of Wales College, Newport with a degree in Graphic Design.















No comments:

Post a Comment